TOWARDS ZERO SAFETY PROGRAM
Rondo targets towards zero with our company safety program
Safety is essential in any business, but it’s even more crucial in a Manufacturing, Maintenance and Distribution environment. That’s why Safety has always been a core value for everyone at Rondo and we have developed a program to support this value.
What Do We Mean By Working Towards Zero?
This program is known as, Towards Zero, and it is designed to;
- Clearly communicate our goal of zero incidents, zero injuries and zero excuses
- Ensure every Rondo employee is responsible for their own safety and the safety of others
- Create a strong safety culture at Rondo by working together
Zero Incidents: This includes everything from near misses, to accidents, bullying or harassment or inappropriate behaviour.
Zero Injuries: Ranging from a minor incident through to a severe injury
- We put Safety first in every situation
- Every Employee is responsible for their own safety and the safety of others
- All hazards, incidents and injuries are to be reported
- We speak up if we’re aware of any Safety issues or incidents of bullying and harassment
- We will work together to create a strong safety culture at Rondo
- Safety will not be driven by cost or resistance to change.
Rondo Towards Zero Non-Negotiables
We know that zero is a big goal for Rondo. It goes without saying that closing the gap on zero incidents and injuries is a long-term objective. But together, we are committed to taking steps towards our goal and improving the way we do things year after year. Indeed, every step counts and having a safer workplace for our people makes every effort worthwhile.
To further ensure the safety of our Employees, Contractors and Visitors, Rondo has introduced six Towards Zero – Non-Negotiables that everyone entering any Rondo site must follow.
- "I am responsible for the safety of myself and others"
- "I use appropriate Manual Handling Techniques"
- "I always wear my PPE"
- "I adhere to mobile plant rules"
- "I will follow the isolation procedure"
- "I shall be safe when working off the ground"